2019 Goals

Hi, everyone! Happy New Year! It’s 2019. What. The. Hell. How on earth did that happen, the last few months of 2018 seemed to fly by. 2018 was a very interesting year, I had some good times and some bad times but that’s life right? 2018 saw me do a placement year, go interrailing, return to uni… oh and start a blog (but you guys know that). I felt like I achieved a lot in 2018, both blogging and in my personal life but that has made me all the more determined to make 2019 even better. I already dedicated a post about my year of blogging and my 2019 blogging goals, but I thought I’d make a separate post on my 2019 goals! In did the same thing last year, so let’s do 2019 bigger and better! What are your 2019 goals and resolutions? Let me know in the comments!

Adexe watches - Meek rosegold petit watch

Be organised:

I think this is my most important goal for the year, and probably my biggest challenge. I used to think I was really good at being organised, but as time goes on and I become busier I swear to god I’m getting worse. 2019 will see me graduate from uni… I hope. The next 6 months will be mega busy with uni work, part-time jobs and of course blogging. I know it will be an extremely difficult time, and in those situations, I tend to get panicked which ultimately makes me even less productive. I’d love to be able to keep on top of my work, do well at uni, continue to blog without becoming stressed. I will say its probably unlikely. But I have bought a new planner from TK maxx (obsessed btw) and I’m determined to plan my time well. I want to stay off my phone as much as possible (sorry social media) and just focus. Luckily, Adexe watches recently sent me one of their amazing watches (The Meek petite rosegold)* and omg I love it. This way I’ll know the time and date without having to look at my phone and get distracted. Or at least that’s the plan (it’s basically glued to my hand right now). Use the code: ‘BEINGCHLOE15’ for 15% off any Adexe watches (non-affiliated).

Adexe watches - Meek rosegold petite watch

Adexe watches – Meek rosegold petit watch – BEINGCHLOE15 gets you 15% off any watch. Planner is from TK Maxx

Adexe watches - Meek rosegold petite watch

Do well at Uni:

Okay, an obvious one. But I really do want to do well at uni and graduate with a good degree. I have spent 3 years working my arse off to do well and I really don’t want to blow it in the last 6 months. I’m so excited for graduation and to end this chapter of my life, but all I want is for my family (and more importantly, me) to be proud. I am often my worst critic, so I don’t want to put so much pressure on myself that I become overwhelmed, but all I’m gonna do is try my best. That’s all a girl can do, right?

Adexe watches – Meek rosegold petite watch – BEINGCHLOE15 gets you 15% off any watch. Nails are ‘KISS Impress’

Travel:

This is a big one. I’m not gonna say that I want to visit a certain number of countries or go to particular places. I literally just want to go to some new places, both in the UK and around the world! 2018 was a fab year for travel, I went Interrailing, Copenhagen, as well as lots of places in the UK like London and York! I think I’ll be going to New York and Florida with the family for my Dad’s 50th and hopefully lots of weekend breaks with my friends. We’re hoping to go to Krakow very soon (keep your fingers crossed guys). Once I graduate I hope I can see more of the world, because right now I have absolutely no plans. No grad job, no postgrad research, nada. So your girl will have time. I just need money, but that’s future Chloe’s problem.

Adexe watches - Meek rosegold petite watch

Adexe watches – Meek rosegold petite watch – ‘BEINGCHLOE15’ gets you 15% off any watch.

Take more photos:

Yup, I want to take more photos. No, not the posed candids on Instagram, or the blog flatlays, just more real, spontaneous photos that really capture the moment. I’m also going to make my Instagram more a representation of my life. Don’t get me wrong, there may be the occasional candid (who doesn’t love a good candid?) but really what I’m saying is, I don’t want a theme. I gonna post what I want when I want. Simple! I also downloaded the one-second everyday app, and I’m so excited to see the end result. I am determined to continue this, I think it’s a great way, to sum up a year!

Adexe watches - Meek rosegold petite watch

Worry less:

I reckon this is the one I will struggle with the most. I am an over-thinker, my little brain never bloody shuts up. It’s annoying af. This year I want to focus on me and work on generally just being a more positive person. Focus on the good things rather than letting myself get stressed about the small insignificant things! This is definitely easier said than done, but really I just want to spend this year focusing on lil old me.

Adexe watches - Meek rosegold petite watch

So those were my top 5 2019 goals. Now let’s be serious, I have all the little whimsical goals as well like drink more water, actually stick to a skincare routine and go to the bloody gym that I paid membership for. But those are the main ones that I really want to achieve this year.  Have a great new year everyone, what are your 2019 goals? Let me know in the comments!

Thanks for reading,

Chlo x

Follow me on Social media:

Twitter – here

Instagram – here

Pinterest – here

Some of the products mentioned in this post were very kindly gifted to me, but all opinions are 100% my own.

1. Jessie
    January 2, 2019 / 7:37 pm

Hey! I love these goals, mine are similar to yours ☺️ I find that my bullet journal really helps me to keep organised though. I have a blog as a little hobby, and I have a page in my bullet journal for any ideas I have for my blog. I find it so useful, maybe you could check out bullet journaling. It might help you to keep organised too! Good luck with your goals!

January 2, 2019 / 7:39 pm

Good luck with them! Ooh Thankyou, there’s a blank page in my new planner every month that I could use to do that! But I’ll definitely look into bullet journaling Thankyou 😊

2. January 2, 2019 / 8:53 pm

Good luck with all your goals lovely I hope you manage to smash uni, I’m sure you will! If you have to take a blogging break to concentrate on uni that’s completely understandable so try not to feel guilty! I love that watch too it’s so gorgeous!

Jess // foundationsandfairytales.wordpress.com
    xx

January 2, 2019 / 8:56 pm

I think that may have to happen at some point but we’ll see how my organisation goes 😂 I know I love it! Thanks lovely happy new hear! Hope you had a good one! X

3. January 2, 2019 / 8:54 pm

I want to try and worry less this year too, I always overthink everything way too much too x

January 2, 2019 / 9:00 pm

I’d say it’s my worse trait I can’t stop my brain from working! I’m going to try and focus on it this year x

4. Julia
    January 2, 2019 / 10:42 pm

I love these goals! I finish uni in June too and am in a similar position in regards to finishing. I just want to do well and travel for a bit once I’m finished since I have time so I wish you all the best luck with your goals for this year. You’ve got this year, I really hope you do worry less and get more organised. Hope you have a good year x

beesytimes.co.uk

January 3, 2019 / 7:04 am

Aww thankyou Julia! Good luck with uni I’m sure you’ll smash it and I hope you get to go travelling! X

5. January 2, 2019 / 11:01 pm

We have very similar goals! Especially the worrying less. Definitely need to do that in 2019. Sending tons of positive vibes your way. Best of luck with everything this year! (:

January 3, 2019 / 7:12 am

Thankyou! Positive vibes right back at you! Good luck 😊

6. January 3, 2019 / 6:59 am

I love how simple, functional and yet challenging all your resolutions are! “Be organized” was something I should definitely take into use as well but somehow never ever would have come across my mind without this post! Best of luck with your goals and if interested, I’ll be posting mine on my blog first thing next week 😉

Xoxo,
    Laura || afinnontheloose.com

January 3, 2019 / 11:22 am

Thankyou so much! Good luck with your 2019 goals! X

7. January 3, 2019 / 5:23 pm

I love your goals, I definitely need to be more organised too! Good luck for 2019! x

January 3, 2019 / 6:03 pm

Thankyou! X

8. January 3, 2019 / 7:45 pm

Great goals for the new year I really need to get more organised but I say it every single year haha. Best of luck on your goals!

January 3, 2019 / 7:47 pm

Haha so do I, but for me this year it’s crucial so I’m determined to stick to it 😂 Thankyou!

9. January 4, 2019 / 8:11 pm

These are some great goals! My goals are kind of similar to yours. I want to keep organised with my blog and through using my bullet journal more!

Ashleigh | https://ashleighwrites.co.uk

January 4, 2019 / 8:15 pm

I’m determined to stick at it with my planner! Good luck! X

10. Melanie
    January 4, 2019 / 8:12 pm

My goals this year are mainly blog and mental health related. I’d like to get myself into an even better place with my mental health and continue to write my blog and educate/share my story!

Melanie || http://www.melaniewithanie.com x

January 4, 2019 / 8:19 pm

I wish you the best of luck! X

11. January 4, 2019 / 8:24 pm

I love your 2019 goals Chloe. I definitely need to work on being more organised this year and worrying less. I hope you achieve all of your goals lovely. Also, I adore that watch!

Happy New Year.

Han, xo | http://www.safehavenanonymousletters.co.uk

January 4, 2019 / 8:25 pm

Thankyou I hope you manage to achieve them! It’s so pretty I love it 😍 happy new year! X

12. January 4, 2019 / 8:30 pm

I love the goals you’re setting for yourself in the year ahead! I’m doing the same, I’ve decided setting goals vs making resolutions provides a better mindset. Less pressure, and something to look forward to!
    Thanks for sharing!!

January 4, 2019 / 8:31 pm

Exactly! I don’t want to put pressure on myself so I’m focusing on setting goals that are much more realistic! X

January 5, 2019 / 8:25 pm

I love them!

13. January 5, 2019 / 8:37 pm

Good luck with your goals and hope you have a great time at uni.

January 5, 2019 / 9:32 pm

Thankyou so much 😊

14. January 6, 2019 / 8:19 pm

Taking more photos is a really good goal for the year. I should’ve added taking more photos with my family to my goal list for 2019. We never take enough together. Good luck with your goals x

January 7, 2019 / 10:44 pm

Thankyou! I hope you take more photos!

January 7, 2019 / 10:45 pm

It’s beautiful isn’t it? You can use BEINGCHLOE15 for 15% off😊 sure will do!

15. January 10, 2019 / 8:08 am

These are pretty awesome! I wish you all the best at Uni and may you have an awesome year. Looking forward to seeing future posts from you.

January 10, 2019 / 6:34 pm

Than you have a fab year!

16. January 10, 2019 / 2:58 pm

Hey Chloe new blog follower here!! 🙌🏾 your goals are so cool, I too want to be more organized. I feel like I always wait until the last minute to get stuff done but this year I’m striving for big things, which requires a new mindset. My goal right bow is to post 3x/wk for the rest of winter. You have the right attitude about life and keep up the positive energy, you’ll graduate soon. I seen pictures of Krakow, o my is beautiful!!🌼👌🏾 I hope you guys get there soon, be sure to blog about it❤️ So I feel you on the Instagram theme, sometimes I just wanna post more random and have a free flowing feed, it’s nice to be spontaneous ✌🏾.

Natonya | https://www.justnatonya.wordpress.com

January 10, 2019 / 6:37 pm

Aww thankyou for the lovely comment! I’m determined to be more organised! I hope you achieve your 3 posts a week! X