Testing Primark Makeup: My Perfect Colour concealer

I am back again, continuing the ‘Testing Primark Series‘, and this week I thought I would give you the low-down on the ‘My Perfect Colour concealer’. This Primark concealer is only £2 … yes, you read that correctly, only £2. As concealers go, this is not just cheap but super cheap. But is it any good?

The Packaging:

I actually really like this packaging, I think it is very similar to most drugstore concealers, a thin plastic tube with simple black lettering. I love the fact that it is clear and black packaging as I personally think it looks more sophisticated. The narrow tube means that it doesn’t take up loads of room in both my collection and makeup bag, something that I really appreciate. The packaging also displays key information such as shade, volume and the important claims. This Primark concealer has a simple doe foot applicator which I don’t think is the best. For £2 I will let it slide, but I would prefer a larger, more cushioned applicator for quicker and smoother application.

The Concealer

This concealer consists of a total of 7.8 ml (or 0.26 Fl Oz). To put that into perspective, the Maybelline Fit Me concealer, which I think is probably has the most similarities to the Primark version, is 6.8 ml. So you are getting a considerable amount of product for such a small price point. The My perfect colour concealer range has 8 shades, ranging from the very fair to the more deeper skin tones. I chose the shade ‘Ivory’ as I am basically a walking, talking milk bottle. I will say I was limited by my Primark’s stock, and if I had more choices I would have chosen a paler shade, eg. porcelain, as this one is slightly too dark for under my eyes.

The claims:

There aren’t many claims listed by this Primark concealer, but here they are:

• medium coverage
  • Contains Vitamin E and Aloe Vera

My thoughts:

So, as I said before, this concealer reminds me the most of the Maybelline Fit Me concealer, and I would say it is a good dupe. This concealer is definitely not full coverage like the Makeup Revolution one but is more light-medium. It feels very lightweight underneath the eyes, but doesn’t cover all of my dark circles, but the majority. Nonetheless, I do like this concealer for a no-makeup, makeup day. Like I said, I definitely got the wrong shade, and so I’m sure a lighter shade would be much more brightening underneath the eyes. In terms of the vitamin E and Aloe vera claims, obviously I can’t really prove that, but I do think it is a nice touch. Vitamin E is great for anti-ageing and so if you have more mature skin and want a light concealer underneath your eyes – this is the one for you. Aloe vera provides moisture to the skin. I can’t say that this concealer added moisture to my under eyes but it didn’t make them feel dry which some concealers do. All good! The Primark Concealer didn’t crease on me and lasted a good few hours.

Would I buy it again?

Overall, I did enjoy this concealer for more of a lightweight makeup day. I do wish it did more for my dark circles, but I think getting the right shade would make my undereyes brighter (my bad). If I was ever in my local Primark, I would pick this concealer up again, and for £2 … who could blame me?!

Have you tried this concealer? What are your thoughts?

Chlo x

1. April 8, 2018 / 8:45 am

Thanks for this! I’m just getting into using make-up so I’m always looking for honest opinions about products!!

April 9, 2018 / 7:26 am

You’re welcome lovely, I hope my blog helps you 🙂 x

2. April 8, 2018 / 12:23 pm

The packaging of this is definitely quite nice!

April 9, 2018 / 7:28 am

It is pretty much identical to the Maybelline Fit me! x

3. April 8, 2018 / 12:27 pm

I’ve found Primark are really upping their game in the makeup stakes recently! I have totally hurrendous under eye circles, so I might give this one a miss, but really enjoying allot of Primark products lately. Great post hun xx

April 9, 2018 / 7:29 am

They really are, and there are always so many new releases! Yeah this concealer is definitely not as full coverage as the Makeup revolution one but not bad for £2! x

4. April 8, 2018 / 5:41 pm

Seems like a steal for the price! Just not sure if this brand sells in my country (Canada)

April 9, 2018 / 7:32 am

It really is! Primark is primarily a clothing shop that I think is mainly in the UK and Europe! Hopefully one day they will get an online store! x

5. April 9, 2018 / 12:44 pm

Packaging is good. And I would love to go for it

April 10, 2018 / 7:09 am

Hope you like it 🙂

April 10, 2018 / 7:10 am

Haha for the clothes it’s definitely worth it, they’re such good value for money! The makeup is pretty hit and miss but this concealer is pretty good! Thanks for readings x

April 10, 2018 / 7:11 am

I totally agree! It definitely covers up some of them, it just isn’t as full coverage as some of my other concealers (not necessarily a bad thing). Thanks for reading! x

6. April 9, 2018 / 8:25 pm

As concealers go, it is quite inexpensive. It looks nice for the price! I’m always so self-conscious about the circles underneath my eyes though! But this looks great for something to carry around in your purse in case of an emergency or something! 🙂

April 10, 2018 / 7:14 am

It will definitely cover a lot of your dark circles but it isn’t as full coverage as some of my other concealers! Great value for money though, especially if you get the right shades (oops haha) x

7. April 9, 2018 / 11:41 pm

Great post! This sounds like an amazing concealer for those no-makeup makeup days!

April 10, 2018 / 7:15 am

That’s exactly what I use it for! Day to day wear for at work, then I can have something a bit more full coverage for nights out etc 🙂

April 11, 2018 / 7:02 am

It is a UK fashion shop mainly but they’ve recently ventured out into doing makeup aswell! Thanks for reading x

8. April 10, 2018 / 5:34 pm

I don’t know much about make up so this was great!

April 11, 2018 / 7:03 am

Thankyou, glad you liked it 🙂

9. April 10, 2018 / 6:16 pm

I’ve never tried Primark makeup but this concealer sounds pretty good! £2 is a bargain as well!! It’s a shame it’s not a bigger more cushioned applicator like you said but I guess you can’t have everything for the price! xx

April 10, 2018 / 6:29 pm

Yeah exactly, hopefully it will improve as their makeup collection grows! Xx

April 11, 2018 / 7:05 am

Hopefully one day they will actually have an online store which you can buy from, so people abroad can buy their stuff too! Thanks for reading x

10. April 10, 2018 / 7:08 pm

I’ve never tried anything from Primark but every time I read one of your reviews I can’t help but want to go into Primark and pick up everything. For such a cheap concealer this sounds great and I like the idea it that it has added Vitamins.

Emma x
    emmarollason.com

April 10, 2018 / 7:56 pm

Haha I’m glad you like them Emma! For the price, it’s worth a try 100%! X

April 11, 2018 / 7:08 am

None of their makeup has broken me out yet, but everyone’s skin is different! Definitely worth a try 🙂 x

11. April 10, 2018 / 9:43 pm

Lovely post, I haven’t tried any of the Primark makeup yet, so was great to read this review and see what you thought as it’s quite hard to find a decent concealer in the drugstore and this sounds like it is pretty decent! Thank you for the lovely review, think I may have to check it out! Have a lovely evening. Chantelle x

April 11, 2018 / 7:10 am

Thankyou so much, I am glad you liked it! I hope you like it if you decide to buy it x

12. April 10, 2018 / 11:48 pm

I love vitamin E and Aloe vera. This concealer has me intrigued but it would be really hard to get in the US.

April 11, 2018 / 7:15 am

It will be! Hopefully, Primark will do an online shop some day! If not you might have to take a trip to the UK haha x

13. April 11, 2018 / 10:02 am

When I used to live in London I would definitely rush in their clothes stores every week-end!! It’s so affordable!!! Regarding make-up I exclusively use cruelty free cosmetics, however for girls who are on a budget and want to have a good make-up, why not. I like the authentic review you make!

April 12, 2018 / 8:54 am

I am pretty sure Primark is Cruelty free! It is definitely an affordable option, thankyou for reading x

14. April 11, 2018 / 1:04 pm

Thanks for the review. I’m always looking for a good lightweight concealer.

April 12, 2018 / 8:59 am

They are definitely handy to have! x

15. April 11, 2018 / 1:27 pm

I have never been to Primark but I have heard great things, I will be looking out for more of your makeup reviews!

April 12, 2018 / 9:00 am

Thanks lovely, I have a whole series dedicated to testing Primark Makeup so you don’t have to waste your time 🙂 x

16. April 11, 2018 / 6:08 pm

Great honest review! I agree, the problem with the more budget priced concealers is that they often don’t offer as wide a variety of shades. Maybe Primark will read this and develop more…Are they a good brand? I don’t think we have them in the States.

April 15, 2018 / 7:18 pm

Yes 100%, I think they’re so popular at the minute that my Primark just ran out completely! They are cheap Fashion brand in the UK but have recently started to up their game with the makeup they produce 🙂 x

17. April 11, 2018 / 6:49 pm

I’m not familiar with this brand. Is it a British one?

April 15, 2018 / 7:20 pm

Yes! It is a British fashion store that have recently started making makeup!X

18. April 11, 2018 / 7:58 pm

Awesome review. Though I am not sure if we have this specific product in the stores in our place. Thank you for sharing!

April 15, 2018 / 7:22 pm

Thankyou lovely! I think it is primarily UK based!x

19. April 11, 2018 / 8:09 pm

The concealer does remind me of the Maybelline just like you said. We don’t seem to have that brand here in the US but it’s great to see new brands of concealers. We might get them in the near future who knows!

XO Andie

April 15, 2018 / 7:24 pm

I tried the Maybelline one again a few days ago, I couldn’t believe the similarities! Hopefully, Primark is a UK fashion brand but they do makeup now too! x

20. April 12, 2018 / 1:39 pm

I’ve learned over the last year that a good eyecream will help dark circles more than a concealer. Just a tip that might help! I used to struggle with finding a concealer that would cover mine too.

April 15, 2018 / 7:28 pm

Thankyou for the tip, what eyecream do you use? x

21. April 15, 2018 / 8:43 am

I had this it was a good concealer but was too dark/yellow on me. It is a great budget option

April 15, 2018 / 7:41 pm

Yes, I definitely need to go back for a lighter shade! Thanks for reading x

22. April 19, 2018 / 2:16 pm

Thanks for reviewing this, was wondering what it was like! I doubt I’ll be purchasing as I’m the palest person ever and if it’s dark on you, it’ll definitely be too dark for me!

Livvy xx

April 20, 2018 / 6:40 pm

Next time I am in Primark I am gonna pick up a lighter shade! I know that they have at least two shades that are lighter than this one! You could always try those 🙂 x

23. April 19, 2018 / 2:50 pm

Nice review, I need to test the Primark concealer out as I love the Maybelline one. Primark make up is so affordable, I love their nude eyeshadow palette

Ezara- https://www.ehbeauty.com

April 20, 2018 / 6:41 pm

Thankyou! I actually haven’t tried the Nude palette but I really want to! After playing around with it more this is definitely a Maybelline dupe x