Testing Primark Makeup: Moisturising Foundation stick

Hi guys, I am back again with another ‘Testing Primark Makeup’ post. If you have been following my blog, you will know that I have done two so far, testing the Amber palette and the Chocolate range. I thought I would try the Primark Moisturising Foundation stick from the My Perfect colour range. If you saw my skincare routine post, you will know that my skin is hella dry at the minute and so as soon as I saw moisturising, it was in my basket. So I put the £2.50 Primark foundation stick (yes, you read that correctly) to the test!

Packaging

The Primark foundation stick is like any other foundation stick, with a simple black packaging and white lettering. The lid is clear so that you can see the foundation on the inside. This is handy as you know what colour it is immediately if you have several shades (ie. for contour as well), but I do think it could look more luxurious. The foundation feels very lightweight, almost as if there is no product in there, so I do think it could be made to appear more high-end. But for only £2.50 it does the job!

The foundation

I believe this range consists of 8 shades, not amazing, but not terrible. I am aware that their full coverage foundation has 16 shades which are incredible for such a budget foundation, so hopefully, the stick foundation range will expand soon. Although these sticks could be used for both foundation and contouring, I only chose a foundation shade (in the shade Ivory) due to my Primark running out of stock! I believe Ivory was the palest shade and it is a pretty good match for my skin. For most drugstore foundations, I tend to go for the lightest option (I’m a pale ass, I know) and this was no exception. You get 11g in total (or 0.38 oz), which compared to the Fast base foundation stick is almost double the amount for half the price! This foundation claims to have buildable coverage, a velvet finish and contains Vitamin E… was these claims true?

My thoughts

I actually don’t hate this Primark Foundation stick. I went into trying it thinking that a £2.50 Primark foundation can’t be good, but it is actually pretty nice. Let’s look at these claims in more detail…

• Buildable coverage – I think this is true! I am not used to using foundation sticks, so I had absolutely no idea how much to use. I was swiping all over my skin and using both a sponge and a brush, I gained the coverage I wanted. You can use as much or as little as you wan and can build to improve coverage without looking cakey! A win!
  • Velvet finish – Again I think this is true. This is definitely not a matte finish (obviously it’s a moisturising foundation) which is exactly what I was looking for. It is not a dewy foundation but somewhere in between so I would definitely agree that it is velvety. It glides on really easily and is super creamy and so I had no issues blending it out. If you have oily skin this might not work for you, but combination and dry skin, I think you will love this.
  • Contains Vitamin E – Of course, I don’t really have any way to prove that the foundation does have Vitamin E in it. Vitamin E is meant to be good for anti-ageing, so very ideal if you have more mature skin. I am only 21, so I can’t say this is essential for me, but It is a nice added extra.

Is it worth it?

Overall, this foundation was creamy, blendable and true to colour. It gave beautiful coverage and a nice velvety finish. I have been using it for a few weeks now and I am really happy with it. I would say it lasts around 8 hours before it starts to become a bit too oily for me, not bad! For a £2.50 Primark foundation, I am not mad at it and will continue to use it for a fast, easy makeup routine.

Have you tried this foundation? Are you a big fan of foundation sticks? Let me know in the comments.

Chlo x

1. March 26, 2018 / 11:16 am

I’ve heard so many things about the Primark foundation range, but I didn’t realise that this was only £2.50?! That’s absolutely incredible.. 😍 I may have to pick this up next time I’m in store – I’m not a dewy or a buildable kinda girl normally, but it sounds perfect for the warmer months.. 🙊

March 26, 2018 / 7:07 pm

I know its an absolute bargain! Haha are you a full coverage kind of girl! I’d say it starts off medium and you can build it to full, it’s definitely not a ‘natural’ foundation but makes the skin look great! x

2. Randi
    March 26, 2018 / 12:57 pm

I’m going to have to give it a try!

March 26, 2018 / 7:09 pm

I’d recommend 🙂

3. March 26, 2018 / 1:05 pm

I love this post! Just proves that you don’t necessarily need to spend the Earth to get the job done 🙂

xx

March 26, 2018 / 7:11 pm

So true! More expensive doesn’t necessarily mean better quality! x

4. March 26, 2018 / 6:25 pm

That is a fairly inexpensive foundation. I probably wouldn’t have thought to try it before reading this post. Kind of like how you said you went into trying like you thought you wouldn’t like it. But it sounds like you ended up liking it. I might have to give it a try. I’m not against inexpensive makeup if it actually works well! I really like that it has Vitamin E!

March 26, 2018 / 7:25 pm

Definitely! Although I know you shouldn’t, I did go into it thinking it would be terrible, but I was pleasantly surprised!

5. March 27, 2018 / 12:00 pm

I’ve been thinking about this product for some time
    Now… I didn’t realize how cheap it was tho! I am def going to try it out. I love your blog!!

March 27, 2018 / 1:03 pm

It is so cheap! I don’t think I have heard of any foundations below £5! Thankyou lovely! x

6. March 27, 2018 / 4:21 pm

Oh wow I’m super impressed with your feedback hun! I can’t believe it’s that price and still good! I think I need to get myself to Primark and grab some bits to try x

Sophie | https://sophieschoice.co.uk

March 28, 2018 / 7:16 am

I know, it’s an absolute bargain! It’s definitely worth a try because you won’t be wasting tons of money! x

7. March 27, 2018 / 7:58 pm

I honestly would never have even considered primark make-up before reading this! For sure going to give it a go now

March 28, 2018 / 7:19 am

Neither did I, luckily I put them to the test so you didn’t have to! x

8. March 31, 2018 / 2:21 pm

I’m so impressed with Drugstore Makeup lately, it definitely competes well with the higher brands which is brilliant as it delivers the same benefits for a fraction of the price!

Rachy

March 31, 2018 / 2:52 pm

I know I totally agree! I haven’t been buying as much high-end products recently because of all the amazing drugstore releases (my bank account is very grateful) Thanks for reading lovely x

April 9, 2018 / 7:31 am

Glad you liked it lovely! x