Hi lovelies! Today’s post will be a chatty one, I will probably ramble on for far too long, but I will try to keep it as short as possible! I have been blogging for almost three months now and it has been one incredible journey! I did a post similar to this after my very first month of blogging, so I thought I would do an update on what has happened over the past 2 months.
If you have followed me from the very beginning (well done for putting up with me for that long), you will know that I was originally on the wordpress.com personal plan. I still had this domain name and so not much may have changed for you, but for me, everything has changed. After the first month, I made the spontaneous, bold choice to make being-chloe.com self-hosted! That’s right, this baby is all mine! I won’t go into too much detail, as there is a whole entire post on my reasonings and the process. Let’s just say I am super happy with my blog now! Back then, I liked my blog but I hated how it looked. I wanted full independence to brand this blog to my tastes and make it.. well Chlo! Now I like looking at my site, and going self-hosted has motivated me more in making my blog a success! I strive to take better pictures, write better quality posts and actually promote my blog. It is one of the best decisions I have ever made, and I am so happy that my post has encouraged so many of you to take the plunge and helped you with the tricky process.
I have learned so much
In my last post, I said that there were so many things I didn’t know about blogging… and that’s still true! Let’s take a look and see if any of them have changed!
- Whether to go self-hosted – Done! Clearly, I made the right choice!
- How to use Bloglovin – I am not gonna lie – still confuses the hell out of me! My followers have grown on there since I started, but I very rarely check it… is it still a thing?
- How to use Pinterest – Done! I am actually quite proud of this one, Pinterest now brings the most traffic to my blog, and I have become quite obsessed with looking at pictures of makeup and cute skirts.
- How to increase Domain Authority – Done! I wouldn’t say I sought out to learn how to do this, it just kind of happened. When I went self-hosted, I installed the Yoast SEO plugin which has really helped me to optimise my posts! Since going self-hosted I have increased my DA from 1 to 16 in the space of around a month. I am so proud of that!
- How to take good pictures – eh kinda! I do think my pictures have improved a lot since my first posts (I know they’re bad). They are by no means amazing, and I am looking into buying a camera/lightbox, but they are so much better than before! I now love taking photos for my blog and I am always on the lookout for more props! You can see my before and after below.
So I guess you could say, for the most part, I have learned so much in the past few months. There is still so much to learn, but I am very excited to carry on the adventure!
Engaging with you lovely lot!
When I first started blogging, I did enjoy speaking to other bloggers but it did scare the hell out of me! It still does sometimes! But since then, I have interacted with so many of you, and can even tell who’s post is who’s by just a photo. Everyone is so supportive and I love that you guys are on the ride with me. I may not be the biggest blogger, but that doesn’t matter as long as my posts help someone, somewhere.
The little blog is growing
I see everywhere on Twitter, people saying that numbers don’t matter and that if you care about numbers you are blogging for the wrong reasons. I will admit when I see these posts I get so angry. Don’t get me wrong, numbers don’t matter. It doesn’t matter whether you have one follower, or 1000. Whether your insta post has a few likes or 100s. It doesn’t matter. But I think we all can secretly agree, that we get happy when we reach a milestone, or get a comment on a post, or more views than normal. And that’s great! There is nothing wrong with celebrating statistics!
My blog isn’t massive at all. But it is growing. Some days are good, some bad but that’s life! I like to look at my stats, as it helps me set goals and want to improve my posts. Believe me, I write what I want to write and that will always be the case, but it is nice to know there are lots of you enjoying my stuff.
I am actually quite proud that I have managed to keep up blogging for so long. I have never been any good with hobbies, I always tend to quit quite quickly. But this hasn’t been the case with my blog because I truly enjoy it. I love thinking of what posts to write, and how I am going to take blog photos, and speaking to you all, and I hope It will continue for a long time.
I would like to take this moment to thank all of you who come and read my posts. This may be your first time, or 25th (I can’t believe I have written 25 posts wow) but thank you for taking the time to read. I didn’t think anyone would read my ramblings but I am so grateful for all of you who do.
Thank you for reading as always,