Everyday makeup routine

So if you have been following me for a while, you will know that I am currently on a placement year working full time in a lab. This means that every day I have to wake up at 6am… ish. Because I am sleepy as hell in the morning, I need a quick and easy makeup look to get me out of the house in 20 minutes. I don’t do a full glam look, just the essentials so that I don’t look like a zombie rocking up to work. Keep on reading to see what I put on my face each morning.

It is very rare that I put on primer before my foundation on a day to day basis, I often skip this step to save time. If you saw my skincare routine post you will know that my skin has gotten so dry recently. If I am having a dry skin day I use my Too Faced Hangover primer to add some extra moisture to my skin for the day.

If you have read my Favourite makeup of 2017 post, you will know that the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation has become a staple everyday makeup item. I apply it with a damp Real Techniques sponge so that it gives me a medium dewy finish. The glow will make my skin look much more radiant and healthy and not dull and dry when I’m at work.

My favourite concealer that I like incorporate into my everyday makeup routine, is the Maybelline Fit Me concealer. It is not as full coverage as some of my other concealers and so is perfect for brightening underneath the eye without looking too heavy. It covers up my dark circles so that I look much more awake! It is so quick and easy to blend with a sponge, speeding up the whole routine.

If you know me, you know that I always rave about the Rimmel Stay Matte powder, it’s an absolute bargain! I use this to powder all over the face to keep it in place all day long. This powder really does help to prolong my makeup and not look oily.

My everyday bronzer go – to is the Benefit Hoola Bronzer. This is definitely needed, if I don’t I look like Casper the friendly ghost! It is not a shimmery bronzer (I hate those), but adds a nice warmth to the skin and gives my face some definition. Otherwise, I would be very 2D. Although this is a high-end product, a little goes a long way, mine has lasted forever and so is definitely good value for money.

This is another optional step that I sometimes skip if I am running a bit late. If I do want to give my face a bit of extra glow, I use the Benefit Dandelion Twinkle highlighter. It is not a full on glowy highlighter but adds a subtle highlight to the face, perfect for everyday use.

Brows are such a pain to do quickly in a morning so I am always on the hunt to find something to speed up the process! I am currently using the Nyx brow pomade which is easy to use but does take almost as much time as all the other steps put together! If you have any brow products that you swear by, let me know in the comments.

Mascara is the last step in my routine. My new go-to is the French Connection mascara. ‘What?’ I hear you ask… ‘French connection do makeup?’. I know right, I was shocked too! I didn’t think I would like this mascara but I actually love it! It is not a volumising mascara but is very lengthening, it gives such fluttery eyelashes that are great for everyday!

So those are the products I use for my everyday makeup! I’d say in total it takes less than 10 minutes… perfect if you’re in a rush to get out of the house (If you are anything like I am). What products do you use for your no-makeup-makeup look? Let me know in the comments.

Thanks for reading!

Chlo x

March 8, 2018 / 8:04 am

My skin is combination too so I don’t tend to go for matte foundations (apart from my YSL)! I would say its quite dewy but if you set it with powder it is more semi matte! Hope it helps 🙂

1. March 7, 2018 / 11:42 am

Another great, catchy post 🙂 but I would be even more catchier if you included a couple of pics!

March 8, 2018 / 8:08 am

Thankyou lovely! That is definitely something I am trying to work on more… actually putting myself in pictures haha! If I am having a good makeup day, I may edit it to add the photos! Thankyou for the advice its greatly appreciated!

2. March 7, 2018 / 12:16 pm

I have to admit, I leave my brows translucent and bare because I know once you start doing your brows, you can’t stop and I don’t have time 😂 My daily look is minimal cover up, a little eyeshadow (usually from the Naked3 palette), and mascara!

March 8, 2018 / 8:10 am

I know right? It takes longer than the rest of the steps put together! I don’t wear eyeshadow to work unless I am going out afterwards, so that means I go to town with the eye looks when I actually go out!

3. Makeup dreamer
    March 7, 2018 / 12:38 pm

I actually love these kind of posts which give me insight to what others liked. Hats off to you that you did quick makeup early morning. Rimmel stay matte powder is definitely a good drugstore powder. Really want to try hoola bronzer. I love if you will compare different concealers and pick the good one out. Lastly you reminded the casper cartoon😃😃

March 8, 2018 / 8:13 am

I’m glad you liked it! I am rapid fire with my makeup in a morning haha, before going out is another story! I have done some reviews/faves in different posts if you fancy a dig around for my different concealers – there is a first impressions on the makeup revolution concelaer and I believe that the maybelline and collection may be in other posts too! Like my drugstore one 🙂

4. Ruth
    March 7, 2018 / 7:23 pm

It’s so weird, before watching YouTube and reading blogs I didn’t even know what a primer was, now I can’t do my makeup without it! Like I’d literally freak out!! I’m so brain washed 😳

March 8, 2018 / 8:18 am

You’re not brainwashed! If something works and helps your makeup routine/skin then why not use it? I don’t reach for primer every day but before a night out/special event it is a MUST. I definitely need more of a hydrating one though!

5. March 7, 2018 / 9:16 pm

For my everyday makeup routine I use the same products except I opt for a blush instead of a bronzer & highlighter & I don’t use any brow products!

March 8, 2018 / 8:19 am

I definitely want to get into using blush more, I can just never be bothered with it! I think I need to do a lot of testing to see which kind of shade would suit me the most! I wish I didn’t have to do brows, but I have zero without them aha!

6. March 8, 2018 / 12:25 pm

I really like that you included some drug store brands that are easy for me to just get out and buy right now! The nearest Sephora is like an hour away from me. Great post!

March 8, 2018 / 12:26 pm

There are some great drugstore items! And I find they’re much better for everyday use as they are cheaper to replace when you hit pan! Thanks for reading 😊

7. March 9, 2018 / 10:03 am

Your routine sounds similar to mine. I want to try the healthy mix foundation actually, because I use the powder and concealer and love those. Also had no idea French Connection did make-up!

March 10, 2018 / 6:21 pm

I actually haven’t tried the powder and concealer but I really want to! I know I was so shocked, I absolutely love the mascara it came in a giftset I got at christmas so I am excited to try the other products!