My Skincare Routine

Hi lovlies, I’m back again! This week I asked people on Twitter whether they would like a skincare routine post and lots of you said yes! I have been going back and forth about doing this post for a while… but it is finally time! I would like to say that my skincare routine changes quite a lot but these are the products that are working for me right now. My skin is normally combination, but recently my skin has been so dry. I hope this post gives you some skincare inspo, but we all have different skin types so take it with a pinch of salt!

Makeup Removal

So we all know how important it is to take off your makeup before bed… and it really is! But I think we can all agree it is such a chore. I’m gonna come right out and say it, I sometimes forget to take off my makeup (I know its terrible), but I’m only human. I like taking off my makeup to be as quick and easy as possible so here is what I have been using recently!

My favourite way to take off my makeup is by using micellar water. I find them so much more gentle on the skin and take off my makeup beautifully. I don’t have a particular favourite but the one that I use the most often is the Simple micellar water. It takes very little time and every bit of my makeup is removed, especially that pesky mascara. I normally load some up on cotton wool pads (you can get them anywhere, even Primark) and just swipe it over my skin. Bob’s your uncle, your makeup’s off! If I’m ever travelling I much prefer to use makeup wipes as they are so much more convenient. Again, I choose the Simple makeup wipes as they don’t irritate my skin and get the job done. I like to incorporate a more thorough cleanse into my skincare routine and so around 3-4 times a week I use the Liz Earle Cleanse and polish cleanser. This product is a miracle worker, it seriously cleanses your skin. After I use this product, my skin feels so beautifully clean, soft and so much brighter!

So as I said my skin has gotten so dry recently that it is making my foundation look terrible, all flaky and gross (TMI? yeah). I have had to up my exfoliating game, and if you read my Feb Faves post you will know that the L’Oreal Pure Clay Glow Scrub is my new favourite. I won’t go into too much detail, all you need to know is that this exfoliator is INSANE. I love it. A lot. Its really gentle and so doesn’t feel like sandpaper on my skin but really does get rid of all the flakiness happening recently. It is also bright orange on the skin (the clay does that) and so you know exactly where you have put it. It also cleanses at the same time, so you get a double whammy for your money! Whenever I want to mix up my skincare, I also use the Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit scrub. It smells delicious. It exfoliates, cleanses and prevents spots…what more could you want?!

Okay, I’m gonna be real with you… I never really tone. It is just an extra step in my skincare routine that I occasionally throw in, I just find it a lot of effort. If I ever use a toner, I use the Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic. It does make my skin feel lovely, and I do like it, I just very rarely tone. If you think I am making a terrible life choice by not regularly toning, let me know in the comments!

There is one recent moisturizer that I have been loving. I love it a lot.  My go to is now the Liz Earle Superskin Moisturiser. It feels soooo thick and luxurious, it feels like such a treat to put it on my skin. It is so hydrating, my skin literally laps it up at the minute, literally a moisturise boost! One thing I don’t like is the smell, I find it quite strange but the miracles it works on my skin is worth it!

What is your skincare routine right now? Are there any holy grail products that I NEED to try?

Thanks for reading,

Chlo x

1. Grace
    March 4, 2018 / 9:41 am

Find it so interesting to read about other peoples skin routines bc I literally didn’t have one unfil quite recently! I do tone but I don’t really understand what it’s doing to help me ngl ahhaaha

March 4, 2018 / 9:43 am

Hahahaha that’s my issue, I still don’t know what the point of it is 😂

2. Ruth
    March 4, 2018 / 9:48 am

I love the Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser.
    My favorite find so far the year is the Clinique take the day off Balm. I had seen the hype and but it was so expensive! Totally worth it in my opinion.

March 4, 2018 / 9:49 am

Ooh really I’ll have to check it out! I feel like I’ve heard of it but i will have to look into it more😊 thanks for the recommendation!

3. March 4, 2018 / 12:10 pm

I love the hot cloth cleanser by Liz Earle! I included that in my skincare routine. I also love the simple products like the wipes as you mentioned! They’re so inexpensive too.

Such a great detailed post! xx

March 4, 2018 / 12:13 pm

The hot cloth cleanser is something I buy over and over again, I think it’s really worth the money! Plus the simple products are so cheap that they cancel out! Thanks for reading lovely! Xx

4. March 4, 2018 / 1:04 pm

Great post… but shame on you you don’t cleanse every day 😀 I always do a double or triple cleanse… even when I’m exhausted or a teeny tiny bit tipsy 😉 But well… I guess a 46 year old skin shows less compassion in the morning…

March 4, 2018 / 4:23 pm

Haha I know shame on me! I do try to cleanse everyday but I get very lazy in a morning haha!

5. March 4, 2018 / 8:35 pm

My skin care routine is pretty non existent! It’s bad I know but my skin isn’t too bad so I think why bother 🙈 I read post like this and love them and they inspire me so one day I hope I can get better! Thanks for sharing xx

March 4, 2018 / 8:38 pm

Trust me I am by no means great with skincare! My routine changes all the time and I’m often too lazy! I’ve just tried to up my game with the cold making my skin so dry! Thanks for reading lovely xx

6. March 5, 2018 / 3:56 pm

I wish I understood make up stuff.. I bought the philosophy purity made simple facial cleanser and the micro delivery exfoliating wash and man it has made my skin red, angry and I have no idea what to even do. I stopped using the exfoliating wash that I was using every 2-3 days once a day. But even the purity made simple seems to be bothering my skin. I have been putting moisturizer on afterward and my chin is a mess. I don’t get it. I haven’t ever had trouble with my skin. I think I’m just going to stop using philosophy which I’ve loved up until ow! Now I’m afraid to try things!

March 5, 2018 / 3:58 pm

Skincare is definitely trial and error in terms of finding things that work for you! If products are irritating your skin definitely don’t use them! Maybe try and find gentler products that don’t have any harsh chemicals etc! I’m by no means an expert!

7. March 6, 2018 / 9:41 pm

I hardly ever use toner either but because I have dry skin.

March 7, 2018 / 5:08 pm

I’m not really sure what it’s for 😂

March 7, 2018 / 5:09 pm

Haha snap! That’s very true x

8. March 7, 2018 / 10:44 am

I’ve never had skincare routine but this post has inspired me to have one 🙂

March 8, 2018 / 8:07 am

I am very hit and miss so I know how you feel, I often neglect my skin but then when it makes my makeup look terrible I take action! Glad it inspired you 🙂

9. March 9, 2018 / 2:22 am

Girl, noooo, you have to tone! It helps to balance the pH levels of your skin after you put it through the ringer all day, especially if you’ve worn makeup. Even after oil cleansing AND using a Clarisonic and foam cleanser, my toner still removes dirt and oils from my skin. It’s actually quite frightening, lol.

March 10, 2018 / 6:18 pm

I know I’m so bad! I do have a toner from Simple that I may try out, It is more that in the past when I have used toners I haven’t seen that much of a difference!

10. March 9, 2018 / 2:33 pm

I love the liz Earle Cleanse and Polish too!! It’s my go to morning cleanser and I also use their toner in the morning as well! I’ve never tried their moisturiser before so I think i’ll need to do that!
    xoxo Annaleid

March 10, 2018 / 6:23 pm

I do enjoy the Liz Earle toner, and as a few people have told me, I definitely need to tone haha, so I might use it more often 🙂 I would definitely recommend the moisturiser its so thick!

March 10, 2018 / 6:28 pm

I am also quite bad at sticking to routines and I tend to mix it all the time as my skin changes!

March 12, 2018 / 7:16 pm